Wellness Recovery Action Plan®
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan® or WRAP® is used worldwide by people who are dealing with many kinds of health and life challenges.
WRAP® was developed in 1997 by the Copeland Center for Wellness and Recovery by Mary Ellen Copeland and her colleagues—all of whom had experienced the mental health system.
This is an eight-week evidence-based recovery program for non-diagnosed individuals in a non-clinical setting. The program is based on known mental health recovery concepts like hope, education, empowerment, self-advocacy, and interpersonal support and connection.
Benefits of WRAP include:
- Improvement in a positive attitude
- Improvement of symptoms
- Decrease in markers of depression and anxiety
- Belief in the possibility of a recovery
- A sense of hopefulness
- The ability to manage your illness yourself
WRAP® has been found to work well for :
- Mental health issues
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, weight gain, and pain management
- Life issues like addictions, smoking, and trauma
WRAP® Can Help You:
- Feel better
- Manage medical challenges
- Decrease and prevent intrusive or troubling feelings and behaviours
- Control your own life
- Improve the quality of your life
- Plan and achieve your life goals and dreams